Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Crank but wont start?

Customer Question

crank but wont start?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

what are you missing fuel or spark or both , did you check ?

was there check engine light prior to this ?

is there a red led security light flashing or steady on on the dash while you trying to start it ?

how many miles on it ?

do you have one or 2 keys ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the engine cranks well but will not start, Im not sure if im receiving any spark. I have one key. 226,609.0 check engine was on but codes were erased when battery was removed

how about security light ?

If the security light is off

and we are getting fuel , you need to check for spark, those SUV are bad about crankshaft sensors being bad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I am not getting a spark and the crank shafts sensor had been replaced and unused( meaning the trick had not been operated some it had been replaced)

ok , no spark , ckp sensor replaced and no spark , do you have power and ground do the ignition coils

now do you have fuel ,can you check ?

I m trying to work on that call , don't why it not working , if you need more infor diagrams just let me know,This post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow upo questions you may have on this issueIf you have access to a dignostic scanner that can communicate with that module , you can retrieve fault codes , if you get them let me know what they are and I can give you more info on itChad ( aka -Customer)