Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

2009 Cadillac SRX 3.6 91K miles Has a U0073 (Bus off) code.

Customer Question

2009 Cadillac SRX 3.6 91K miles Has a U0073 (Bus off) code. All modules communicate with scan tool. Checked the TSB's I could find. Has the DTC's for module communication loss in the history, but I can communicate. Has the U0073 and messages on dash panel. The temp gadge is dead and the fuel is intermittant.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is causing this code to set you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Greetings Ron,

It has been a zoo trying to get through to some one this morning. For some reason I kept being put into the new customer pool when I went to get an answer. and it took many hours for the first answer. Anyway

Ron, I already have the process data sheet you sent me above. I have gone through the process and rechecked. what I have found so far: I can communicate with all modules, I checked All DLC terminals values and all are normal. I went through the suggested procedure for testing high and low speed GMLAN. I cleared all codes, went through a drive cycle and the DTC U0073 comes up with warnings on IP.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for that, sometimes the site can be a little hard to navigate . Since there are no reported known causes for this issue your going to need to do the testing to determine the cause.