Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2002 Cadillac Seville Had a local mechanic investigate a

Customer Question

2002 Cadillac Seville
Had a local mechanic investigate a clunking sound that seemed to be coming from the steering column or front end.
said Cadillac told him they had a recall but no longer offered the repair part.
Told me it was not a safety concern.
When I returned home the locks no longer worked, via inside button or remote and the emergency brake no longer releases.
Can you tell me what to look for?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry for the delay, I believe I can help on this concern if help is still needed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been charged but can't find my answer.
The page that opens has a log out but not a log in header.

Thanks for letting me know help is still needed.

The website only allows us to help with one issue per question. Multiple issues can be addressed through a subscription plan opening a new post for each concern. On this question which concern would you like me to help with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to figure out the lock problem.

Your locks are controlled through door modules. The first things we need to do are check the fuses and scan the modules for trouble codes. In the file below is the wire diagram, at the top are all the fuses to check. Can you check those and if they are good, do you have a scan tool to checkthe modules?

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris