sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have water getting inside the car on the passenger side of

Customer Question

I have water getting inside the car on the passenger side of car from the front seat and back seat. Will even get water around my battery located under the back seat and causing my battery to die.. I'm not exactly sure if the water is coming from the sunroof or my a/c
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: No I haven't checked the Freon and what hoses are you referring to?
JA: No, my name is Pearl.
Customer: Huh?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I know your name Pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Deville 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to but dont what really needs to be done. Just been pulling water outta my car that's underneath the carpet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The a/c in the back doesn't blow cold air and neither does the front driver side, not sure if a/c is draining properly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many places that the water could possibly be coming in. It could be coming in through a door seal, it could be a restricted sunroof drain tube, the windshield or back glass, it could be coming from a sheet metal seam. Water will travel through trim panels and the source of the leak won't always be near where you see it puddling. For example I once had a vehicle with water only on the right rear floorboard and it was coming in through a void in the windshield seam sealer and traveling through the sill plate to the rear floor.

If you don't see any issues with the door seals, sunroof seal, the sunroof and doors all close correctly then the best thing to do would be to have a helper run a garden hose over the vehicle while a second person is inside watching for the leak. Trim panels often need to be removed to see where the water is coming in.

You can also make sure the sunroof drain tubes aren't restricted gently with compressed air or by running some water down them directly to see if they drain.