Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My Cadillac whn started will not shift radio wont work power

Customer Question

my Cadillac whn started will not shift radio wont work power windows wont wont work with in 10 minutes the will shift radio will work power windows will work
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: how can it be fuse when everything starts working after about 10 minutes
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 sts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took it to dealer for three weeks haven't found any thing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component that can cause a fault like this here is an issue with the electronic ignition switch itself.It can fail to send signals intermittently which will power down certain components like this here.I have also seen issue with the body control module computer cause intermittent faults like this as well.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out this should be done to see if any codes are set and if any are set they need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to check these codes as some of the cheaper scan tools are only able to read engine and transmission codes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete