cwalkerjr21
cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

2005 cadillac sts 3.6l rear wheel drive. always idled rough,

Customer Question

2005 cadillac sts 3.6l rear wheel drive. always idled rough, but now im getting p0306 and p0206
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the spark plugs?
Customer: 365,
000km
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the coil on cyclinder 6 but when i hooked it up and tried to start the car the even coil fuse kept blowing, so i changed spark plug and switched it with cyclinder 3 coil and was good for a half hour
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: im not using the new coil
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i was recieving the codes p0306 and then p0206, but now im getting p0206 first
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, Confirm the injector circuit tests ok between the injector and the Engine Control Module. Verify the injector is not going open after the misfire has developed. To verify the above, backprobe the Powertrain Control Module terminal 64, Yellow/Black on connector 1. Expect battery voltage. If the above tests are ok, replace and program the Engine Control Module. The Engine Control Module is covered under an 8/80 warranty.

Run through the tests and you are most likely looking at a bad PCM I know its over 8 years but I try to tell everybody about the warranty as it sometimes falls within the time frame. Please open and print all the attached pdfs. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is 8/80 warrenty

8 years 80k miles, after sending it I realized it was a 2005 and its already 2016.