Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a Cadillac SRX 2010 and the radio and mph switched

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I have a Cadillac SRX 2010 and the radio and mph switched over to kilo instead of mph how do I change it back?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I brought it into the dealership and they want to charge me 3000 and said
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: They need to replace the whole computer system because they don't know how to fix it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Cadillac SRX 2010 switched over to km instead of mph on both my temp and speed and I can't switch it back. I have tried several times to change it on the menu set and clear button and it does nothing. I brought it into the dealership they do not k ow how or why this happened and want me to spend 3000 to replace computer.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

Can you give till tommorow till I give you a definite answer on it, i sent an email to my online support , checking newest recall and tsb on this issue , i want see if there is anything new that i dont have now, cause nothing came up in my system

I will post my findings tommorow, this way i can tell you if it is true you need this computer, and if they should cover it or not

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much. And yes tomorrow is just fine with me.

ok great, and if you can tell me anything more will be great, what is the part they are trying to change that cost $3000! did they it is the PCM module , body control module ?

If you know , if not it is okay

a copy of the receipt with there remarks on the service order will be great , you can uploaded here for me to see .

Thanks

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the report it says change settings from metric to standard unable to change settings internal fault in instrumental panel cluster. Then on the repair estimate it just says instrument cluster repair . That's all the info I have .

ok no problem that is good , there is no way , this should cost $3000

I will let you know something tommorow

Chad (akaJhook1398)

hi , thank for your patience

There is no new bulletins or recalls on this issue , unfortunately

But

If he Instrument cluster is defective , this the price of it $358 to replace Labor 0.6 hrs

If the ECM Engine Control module is also defective even though the repair order only mention cluster , the price is $373 and labor is 1.9 hrs

If it is the BCM, body control module it is $ 313 and labor 0.6 hrs

So Really if you add up everything it will not come close to $3000, you need to know more accurately what they are changing for you ,like detailed worksheet list with parts & prices , you can ask for that .

2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-3.0L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Instrument Cluster / Carrier

Instrument Cluster

20913773 $358.42

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

0.6 HRS labor

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Body Control Module

Body Control Module

13586043 $313.78

Replace Body Control Module

B0.00.6

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Engine Control Module

ECM

12651993 $373.36

Replace

B0.01.4

Reset ECM, Reprogram

B0.00.5

Hope I was helpfull to you ,Let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)