Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 06 Cadillac DTS was showing code p2444 replaced

Customer Question

I have a 06 Cadillac DTS was showing code p2444 replaced secondary air check valve now it's showing code p0411
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes came back on
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 Cadillac DTS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the secondary air injection check valve
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the air pump work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like passages in exhaust may be clogged. Scan test the air injection pressure sensor to be atmospheric pressure of approximately 14-15 PSI or 2.7 volts. Run the air pump and expect the voltage to go up to approximately 3.4 V. If the voltage does not increase, check for an air leak between the pump and the valve. Run the air pump and open the air valve and expect the voltage to drop to approximately 3 volts. If the voltage does not drop, remove the valve and repeat the test and check for air flow out the valve and voltage to drop. If the voltage now drops, check the exhaust for a restriction. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I first replaced the air injection check valve I pulled the battery cable to reset the computer but my radio and park assist and door chimes stopped working I checked the fuses
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

The related fuses would be under the rear seat so I would double check fuses again if good then try to disconnect battery for 10 minutes. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ground or positive
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Either one works. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Didn't work
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Then next step would be checking codes in body control module if you are sure none of the fuses are blown. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.