Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

My touch screen and radio went out on my 2009 cadilac

Customer Question

My touch screen and radio went out on my 2009 cadilac escalade
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I do not have my manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do you know which fuse to check. I haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no that's the problem the screen is black with only the time showing on the screen, I have no radio, nav, or cd player
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check fuses 41 and 42 in the under hood fuse panel and make sure they are o.k.Make sure fuse 19 in the interior fuse panel is o.k.If all of these fuses are o.k. this may be an issue with the radio assembly itself needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail before requiring replacement to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete