Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I want to temporarily remove the antenna on my 2015 SRX so I

Customer Question

I want to temporarily remove the antenna on my 2015 SRX so I can move back the Thule cargo carrier. The purpose is an attempt to reduce the disturbing wind noise during a long distance trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: Noise is primarily during driving. Sounds as if you are in a wind tunnel. Noise is so bad that driver cannot converse with person in front passenger seat.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, we have not tried anything yet so would appreciate any suggestions since we are at a loss as to what to do.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We have another long distance trip coming up and do not know how to deal with this problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

To remove the antenna. Wrap a rag around the base of the shaft then use pliers squeezing the rag and shaft then turn it counter clockwise to unscrew it.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris