rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 6 cyl SRX. 2005, it will turn over but won't fire,

Customer Question

i have a 6 cyl SRX.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it will turn over but won't fire
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: at first it acted as it was flooded , but after an inspection of the throutal body was dry seems like it had a lack of fuel
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: i had taken it for a long drive 200 plus km , and started it and stopped it 4 times just after that , for short periods that same after noon
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First thing to do is check the fuel pressure with a gauge, Also check for a strong BLUE spark at the plugs when cranking it. If you can get a code reader, you may want to see if there are any codes in the computer to further help us.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks, Ron