Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My 2016 Escalade cue system will not recognize my valet

Customer Question

My 2016 Escalade cue system will not recognize my valet password. If I disconnect the trucks battery will it help reset the system?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you out with this.

You could try disconnecting both battery terminals and holding them together for 30 seconds. Make sure the cables are completely disconnected from the battery when doing this. If this does not reset. You may need to bring it to the dealer and use the scan tool to reset the system.

Thanks, Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

So, here’s how to perform a restart — otherwise known as a hard reset — on Cadillac vehicles equipped with CUE:

1. Turn the vehicle on
  2. Open the CUE faceplate, thereby exposing the storage area behind it
  3. With the faceplate up, turn off the vehicle
  4. Open the driver’s side door
  5. Wait 30-60 seconds with the driver’s side door open
  6. Close the door and start the vehicle
  7. Lower the faceplate

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

After performing this sequence of steps, CUE and the vehicle’s other infotainment and telematics technologies will have been “hard reset”, but CUE won’t show any messages this to be the case. The tell-tale sign of a hard reset, however, is a spinning yellow circle in the top right corner of the system, which indicates that CUE is reloading settings.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan