cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

Change water pump 2006north star Cadillac DTS.everything is

Customer Question

Change water pump 2006north star Cadillac DTS.everything is all connect turn key all dash lights come on, turn key to start dash goes off ingine want turn over
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car in park don't know if it have wheel lock. Shifter want come out of park.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Cadillac?
Customer: North star dts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Charge battery. Fully charge.I replace water pump and the two pullys terostat
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car have been sitting for one year.was started up from time to time no problems. Except water pump was change.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

Good evening, With the key off and removed from the tumbler, check the resistance between pins 6 and 14 of the DLC. The reading should be 60 ohms +/- 5%. If the resistance OK, disconnect one battery cable. Rub that cable end on the other. Reconnect the battery. Attempt to start the engine. If there still is no communication with the BCM, replace it. Programming is required after installation.