cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

I changed oin in cadillac @ 80,000 miles, the computer said

Customer Question

i changed oin in cadillac @ 80,000 miles
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: the computer said i had 30% i am now at 85,000 miles and the display panel sayes 0%
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: not a chevy it is a cadillac dts 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: other than it is 0% i don't know how to fix
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i would like to reset it about 30% again i am due for a n oikl change in 2,000 mioles more according to time of last change
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System 1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position without starting the engine. 2. Press the INFO button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) until OIL LIFE REMAINING is displayed. 3. Press and hold the INFO RESET button until 100 percent is displayed. This resets the oil life indicator. 4. Turn the key to OFF. If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when you start the vehicle, the ENGINE OIL LIFE SYSTEM has not reset. Repeat the procedure.