sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2003 dts rear pass elec window, yes reg +moter ok hot wired

Customer Question

2003 dts rear pass elec window
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes reg +moter ok hot wired motor window went up +down lock +window module clicking withboth switches driv + pass dr switches replaced module same
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 11700 auto
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the switches and motor have been ruled out then you have a wiring issue. There may be an open circuit anywhere between the master switch and the window motor but the most common place to find a broken wire is in the boot between the door and body. When you open the door you'll note a rubber boot between the door and body. This is where the wiring runs from the door to the main harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. The next thing I would recommend is inspecting the wiring in the right rear boot, if no problems are found then move to the left front.