Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I had to lock the brakes at 80 mph to avoid a wreck on the

Customer Question

I had to lock the brakes at 80 mph to avoid a wreck on the interstate my 07 Sts shudders and studders on start up, and any acceleration? Feels like fuel issue? Any ideas?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Your symptoms indicate a possible misfire occurring. Check the fuel pressure is not a bad idea. Sometimes debris in a fuel tank can break loose under a rapid speed change and these debris can get sucked into the pump effecting its ability to make and sustain adequate pressure. Can you check the pressure?

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris