Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I was driving no problems and then I stop. I went to start

Customer Question

I was driving no problems and then I stop. I went to start the car heard one click then not a thing. My battery dies almost instantly. and now there is nothing when I go to jump it everything seems fine but it does not turn over click nothing. the power all comes on like normal but will not start.
JA: OK. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Sorry deville 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would love to be able to fix it myself. I'm not scared of auto repair work. I looked for a ground problem and jump it but the no sound has me still think its a ground problem am I wrong for thinking this?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: While I tried changing relays and notice that the rear fuse box relay on the left bottom of the board is hot and one of the injection relay 4 hole position does not hold the relay in, the relay just moves all around like it was burnt out or wollowered out by a drill bit not sure on the spelling there (drill out badly or to big)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin was the click coming from engine bay ? Do you have a test light or multimeter ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sounded to me like the typical starter going out but only the one time. and no I do not have a test light.
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

I would agree from your symtoms i would say starter has failed