Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I ham getting messages on my console; 2005 cts service

Customer Question

I ham getting messages on my console; 2005 cts service stability stem and brake assist
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I haven't tried, is there an easy way?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. My name is***** see if we can figure out what is going on with your CTS. Are the messages you are receiving the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM and SERVICE BRAKE ASSIST? Also is your Check Engine light on? Has your vehicle had any running issues lately?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
check engine light not on but abs light on
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think this is a sensor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello can I get a better answer?

Ok. Sounds like there is a problem in the ABS system that is causing a problem. The codes will need to be checked with a code reader that can read ABS codes. The stability system and ABS system are controlled by the same computer on this vehicle. There could possibly be a pending code in the engine computer that can cause this problem. Some codes will not turn the check engine light on but it will cause the vehicles computer to disable certain systems. If the ABS has been disabled due to one of these codes it will display the same messages. It may be as simple as a sensor. The computers will need to be checked for codes to be able to get a starting point on what sensors to check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't sigh up for the 26.00 month service but got a message saying I am being charge another 21.00. I want this cancelled

Ok. I am sorry about that. For that you will have to contact Just Answer Customer Service. I am an Independent Automotive Technician that is employed to answer questions and assist customers with their vehicle concerns.