Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

2009 cadillac dts, speedometer started to jump around, about

Customer Question

2009 cadillac dts, speedometer started to jump around, about 300 miles ago but ran ok, now the transmission is not shifting correctly. RPM gauge is behaving correctly. I have a hydraulic lift and decent mechanical abilities.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to know what is causing the speedometer and transmission concern we are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. If the problems you are having are an electronic control issue there will be fault codes. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only error code is secondary air injection pump
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Are you using a full scan tool to retrieve the codes or a code reader?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Code reader
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Most code reader will not pull transmission codes. You are going to need a full scan tool With it you can also watch the data stream and see it the speedometer is reading the speed sensor signal.