Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My 2009 EXT just shuts down nav goes blank, warning light

Customer Question

My 2009 EXT just shuts down nav goes blank, warning light light up engine shuts down while driving down the road. Then as quickly as everything went dead the engine starts in neutral then kinks in drag with me doing nothing. scary whats the fix?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 125K / 2-3ears
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well I can change a battery if not I have my own mechanic why?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no been a good truck, had issue with right front sensor wire would intermittently show up as suspension issue but was told its fine and replacing the wire would be very costly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like the vehicle is losing voltage due to a loose,corroded or damaged battery cable at the battery or leading from the battery to the starter,alternator,etc.I have seen this before and in some cases it is the cable ends on the battery itself as the internal pinch/crimp can cause a poor connection with the cable ends needing replaced.

I would trace and check the cables and cable ends for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.Double check the power cable inputs into the fuse panels as well for any loose connections or corroded or damaged connections needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete