Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Service a/c message, when under hood I can heart the

Customer Question

service a/c message, when under hood I can heart the compressor kick in and goes right out. Car 2001 STS has been sitting in garage since 2013.
JA: Can you tell if the cooling fans are running? Do you have access to a voltmeter? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: facing the front og the
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully, facing the frt of car the left fan does not seem to be operating. the one on the right in front of compressor seems to work intermittedly.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: not right now.Can you assist me with the problem?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Temperature gauge is at the mid point and coolant comes out of reservoir after running the vehicle for a while. The vehicle has been in garage since 2013 water was mixing with oil. Replaced engine, did not disconnect a/c hoses
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 9 months ago.

sounds low on refrigerant/ do you have ac manifold gauges to check refrigerant gauges?