Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The radio and dash computer shut down after start up and

Customer Question

The radio and dash computer shut down after start up and various trouble lights come on and most electric disengage .. before start all is fine in accessory key position ... OBDII shows a p1834 error code... 05 Cadillac CTS
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes to fuses in the engine compartment ... is there another location I should check .. isn't a block under rear seat.. And what dashboard control switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have identified what seems to be an anomaly in the gear shift and gas linkage
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: As I run gear shift forward and back from Park to 2 .. I notice the lights and radio sometimes come back on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry you have waited so long for a tech to respond. I believe I can help if your still in need of assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still need help

What liter engine do you have?

Have you done any diag or parts replacing for this code?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe 3.6 l ... haven't replaced any parts yet computer code p1834 and the GM Cadillac specifics of that error code
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. And now I have been charged amother 21 dollars I did not authorizeWill someone help me please

You are charged the full question value as soon as a tech responds to verify you have funds to pay for the help your getting.

The code is for a transmission concern, not for the other issues you mentioned so I assume your focus is more so on the symptoms you listed.

Do you own a diagnostic tool that monitor communication wiring and signals since the radio is not turned on via a fuse but through the communication wires?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on the diagnostic tool .. both a Bluetooth OBDII reader and apps a gm diagnostic reader..

Will your tool communicate with the radio and if si does it show the radio being signaled on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will check the GM tool here shortly to see if it can connect to radio.... if you know s phone App that provides that .. I own of the more compatible OBD II interfaces

I have never used a phone to diagnose a vehicle, I would be no help with that.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Had a medical emergeny yesterday to deal with .. I will be working on it again today. It appears my diagnostic toold can't read radio .. only the OBD port error codes and engine operating conditions ... I haven't seen a radio option. You say transmission for the code and if you look at my early noted the combination of gear shift up and down sometimes releasing the condition ..and the condition moat often triggere ed ... after stepping on brake .. shifting to drive then hitting the gas and the senseor for transmission to gas pedal and brake. What do you recommend ... where should I start next

The only thing I have left to offer not being there in person is the diag steps for the code that you have. If that would not help I can opt out and get you back on the waiting list.