Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  20 years of experience on both import and domestic vehicles
17920890

Last night i was in my 2005 cts. 139k miles. We were

Customer Question

Last night i was in my 2005 cts. 139k miles. We were climbing a long hill and near the top it was like the transmission lost all pull. I slowed down and it seem to ingage and i havent had a problem since. The check engine light came on an has stayed on.. i even ean up an down a little shorter hill running it hard and no problems. I just bought the car and the guy i got it from had the teans fluid/ filter changed as well as a new radiator..
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.It sounds like a solinoid didn't respond in the Trans as it should of maybe got stuck for a second. And the finally resolved it self.
But if you can check those codes it will help tremendously in figuring out what happened.If you can post them I'll be able to help more.Thanks
Sonny