Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

The power running boards on my 2013 Escalade stopped

Customer Question

the power running boards on my 2013 Escalade stopped working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Washed the vehicle and now when I open the doors the power running boards do not open
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: turning car on and off multiple times and opening doors on both sides of the car.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master technician and I can help you out, I have seen this before as I used to work at a Cadillac dealership.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Check the fuse for the running boards, it should be in the under hood fuse box.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

ELEC RUN BOURD fuse is a 30A

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Also how many miles are on the truck?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Dan. I hate to admit it but I discovered that the activation switch for the running boards had accidentally gotten switched off. Equivalent of checking to see if the car has gas when it won't run! All is good now. Thanks for the prompt response.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Great! glad to hear you got it figured out. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Dan again, hoping you are satisfied with my service.

Could you please rate the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!