john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

Sitting in parking lot car Running hour left parking lot

Customer Question

Sitting in parking lot car Running for half hour left parking lot quarter mile car stopped running would not start new fuel pump one year ago
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes cranks but won't start
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I broke down in west virgina after driving Florida keys the car was running for five hours before shutting down car has 6.0 with 116000 and well maintained
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Only if I can heading for Canada vacation stuck in w virgina no mechanic until monday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: Can't think of anything new cAp wires plugs and belt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 4 months ago.

can you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key to the run position?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hard to tell i think it is fuel pump even know its a year old just the way it shut down just looking for alternativves

likely its fuel pump try whacking the bottom if the fuel tank a few times with a hammer or even your tire iron..sometimes a good jolt the fuel ump will wake them up

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10. 4 will do

let me know

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you