sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The rear tail light on driver side does not work rear brake

Customer Question

The rear tail light on driver side does not work rear brake lights does not work but the brake light over the back door does work we replaced the circuit board in the back and still have the same problem
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: I've checked all fuses fuses are working fine I haven't checked the door switches checking them now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace the rear circuit board for the tail lights in rear checked all fuses all fuses are working fine like I said the tail light over the back door is working fine but no tail lights on driver side but I have tail lights on passenger side no brake lights at all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: I just bought the car and the tail light I mean the brake light was working on passenger side only but now I have no brake lights
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a wiring issue or the problem may simply be blown bulbs. I would have assumed you would have started with replacing the bulbs but it wasn't mentioned so I can't be sure. A loss of ground to the circuit board would explain a loss of multiple functions at the same time.

What year and model is the vehicle?
Were the bulbs replaced?