Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Security system wont let me start the car everything else

Customer Question

Security system wont let me start the car everything else has juice except for the ignition
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery has good use it's not that old is engine does not even turn over not even a click from solenoid
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Went shopping came back out turn the key nothing that all I can say like I said I'm not even getting the click from the solenoid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Happened once before I came back later and it started tried that tried disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Auction car with a lot of issues not to mention overheating and can you remove the thermostat from a Northstar
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

does the ignition key have a small black chip in it ?