Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner

The indicator says I need parking the service times of

Customer Question

The indicator says I need parking the service times of service
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I really don't know much it's when I start the car and go through all the systems and then that service parking assist comes on and won't go out
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: It's got 60,000 miles on it so at 39001 I bought it two years ago haven't changed the battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to clear the computer in the car are clear of the icon in the dash
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Even if you plan to fix this yourself you are going to need to get it diagnosed by someone with a capaqble scan tool unless you are a brave gambler. There is no way short of having a scan tool to properly diagnose this other than throwing expensive parts at it till something fixes it. Its most likely one of the parking aid sensors but which one would be a guess.