Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

I have a 2007 CTS an the windows stop working an now my

Customer Question

I have a 2007 CTS an the windows stop working an now my battery keeps dieing the battery may be old next month it will be three years old it clicks when trying to start
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes ma'am the windows started last week an so did the trouble starting it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No ma'am I have a warranty but it's on the motor and transmission I'm hoping that the car lot I'm buying it from will tell me what is wrong and they fix it
JA: OK! The Cadillac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No ma'am I was hoping maybe you could give me your opinion on the problem I'm a woman I don't want anyone to try an take advantage of me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The battery and window issues here may be related due to low voltage.I would start with having the battery tested to see if it is weak needing replaced.If it needs replaced this should be done to see if this resolves all of the issues.A local parts store will usually test the battery at no charge to you.If it is replaced or is found o.k. and does not correct this fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete