Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2013 Escalade platinum. A/C blows warm air after 40 minutes

Customer Question

2013 Escalade platinum. A/C blows warm air after 40 minutes of operation on a warm day. The air vents seem to close off even though the fan is blowing high on AUTO. Also the cylinder on the firewall in the engine compartment is frosted over. Shutting off the a/c for awhile lets the a/c return to normal. The local Cadillac dealer could not find anything wrong but it continues to happen.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

1-can you tell me if they check the freon levels at the dealer ?

2-having frosted a/c lines is an indication of low freon !!

3-have the dealer scanned the a/c control modules for any faults codes ,on a 2013 model , you can go in the a/c module and run all perimeters test on it ?

any faults with any sensors will show up .

4- If you a/c system detects a low pressure ( example low freon charge ) it will shut off the system or if it will detect a high pressure in the system it will shut off a/c system , I can count a lot of reasons that cause that , but i like to start with why these a/c lines been frosted ? please let me know ?

5- How many miles on it ?

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka - Jhook1398 )

If you have a set a/c gauges yourself , we can check it and confirm if what I'm thinking going on here