john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

My 94 Deville is reading 18.1 volts and is showing battery

Customer Question

My 94 Deville is reading 18.1 volts and is showing battery volts high
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: 88764 miles yes I do
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything was fine, when I got back to my car from the zoo it started with this reading and problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm guessing it's the alternator but I've seen other people have easy fixes forfor it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: It's been sitting for 3 to 4 months that's all info on the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 6 months ago.

that's a overcharging alternator have you verified with volt meter?

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you