cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

Some the wires are frayed in the harness to my bcm! Would

Customer Question

Hi, Some the wires are frayed in the harness to my bcm! Would this cause my turn signals, instrument cluster, and flasher not to work?
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: Yes there all good!
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car would not start for awhile like the security system was engaged! But everything was working. I repositioned the wires the car starteddy but the cluster and signals no longer worked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cleaned the wires up and retaped everything still the same problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am here to help. Sounds to me like you may have had a rodent get in there and chew up some wires which is not uncommon in some cases. If the wires are messed up you will need to repair each one of them. The body control module controls all of the functions of your electrical system. Cruise, wipers, instrument cluster, lighting ect.