Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac EXT 02

Customer Question

Cadillac EXT 02
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Cadillac truck EXT has in the message center service stability system but when you hook it up to the code reader it says no codes detected but the light is on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to assist you

The stability system is part of several systems on the car
It detects body roll, position of the steering wheel speed etc...
When they do not match the message stability service system is comes on, usually the problem is a failed steering wheel position sensor which is located at the base of the column and requires its removal to replace the sensor.

When the message is set there is no drivability concerns other than the disabling of stabilitrack.

the Service Stabilitrak message occurs when either a connection to the yaw the accelerometer or steering wheel position sensor or wheel speed sensors , EBCM system failing , The yaw sensor is located under the front passenger seat, however, to access you need to move the seat all the way back and lift the carpeting. The unit is bolted in with two bolts.

The steering wheel position sensor is in the steering colum

I sent you some diagrams to see

I know there is no codes but there is some testing we can do.

let me know , I m online most of time , just reply back on the post and i will get a message that did and I will reply back

Thank you emilio

Chad F ( aka Customer