Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc
77508644

I'm getting a 'no remote message' but hav ed both of my keys

Customer Question

I'm getting a 'no remote message' but hav ed both of my keys in car
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The remotes open the doors, the dash light vomes on briefly, and says press brake to start. I do but it judt clicks and then goes off
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No, does it say it inside the remote?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Cadillac Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, my wife is getting ready fir work now, do i need to fix this quick
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put both remotrs in cupholder and in the little space behind the gearshift but it's not doing anything
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: No, it's a 2012 with only 35k miles, the battery is supposed to be good 10 years, it opens the foors just fine, seems like a softwRe issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.

First make sure your battery is fully charged and try it again a low battery can cause an issue picking up the signal. Otherwise a key learn programing procedure will need to be performed in order too see if there is a communication error, sadly this can only be done by a dealer via TIS2 web. does your remote start work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i tried pressing lock button twice and circle, but get a clicking noise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean fob battery or car battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried putting fobs in the cupholder and the little hole behind the gearshift, sometimes the dash light comes on and says press brake to start, but it just clicks and goes off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody there?

car battey

sorry I am at work at the dealer so I check post about every 30 min, I would deffinately start by either getting a boost charger or jumper cables on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a plug in charger on it right now, should i Maybe connect it to my truck with jumper cables?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try cables instead.

If it is a small charger it will likely need a bit, the jumper cables will charge it faster but if you have a bit a regular charger will charge the battery more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, i got it started with the jumper cables, maybe it's time for a new battery, but the car is only a 2012 with 35k miles on it. I'll try driving it around a bit to charge it up and then put it on the charger for a little while too.

Awesome, yah i would keep it running for 45min at least glad you got it! before you manually charge it make sure it restarts from the car having charged itself, that will verify the charging system is all in order.