Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technicia

I have an engine code p1350 and p1375 on my 98 deville : I

Customer Question

I have an engine code p1350 and p1375 on my 98 deville
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had replaced the intake manifold gaskets and now it's idling up and down.
JA: Replacing a gasket can be pricey, so the more you know the better it will be for you and your wallet. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you to knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked for vacuum leaks but can't see any cracks or split hoses.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: I just replaced the water pump housing cross over assembly gaskets.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help you with your issue, I'm sorry no one has helped you yet. I don't know how much you know about that code, but that's a correlation code between the cam and crankshaft position sensors. That code will only trip for a couple of reasons, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, or timing has jumped. The only way to accurately check the sensor wavelength is with a oscilloscope or lab scope, which your average person does not have. I see you said you changed some solenoids but did you change either of those sensors? If so I think the timing job that was done may have not been done correctly, but without seeing it up close that's speculation. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm having the same codes come back again after I cleared the codes. And the engine has a idling up and down problem too.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

I apologize, when I last tried to respond it gave me an error and I couldn't see this ticket any more, I just logged into my question list and found it sitting here. If that code is coming back immediately after clearing, and those sensors have been replaced you need to check the timing, or you could just check compression on all cylinders and see if they're all about the same.