sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

T a pothole,car died.pulled over restarted will only run

Customer Question

Hit a pothole,car died.pulled over restarted will only run for a second and die,over and over?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car died after hitting a huge pothole,it will start and run for 2 second then die
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes,if possible
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will cause the engine to die. You could be losing spark or fuel, fuel would be more likely with these symptoms. If you're losing fuel it would most likely be a bad pump but it could be a loss of power or ground to it.

What year and model is the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tell your public I figured it out the air filter box connection to the intake C and completely dislodged allowing the o2 censor to kill the motor. Pit it back on tightened the hose clamp fired right up...2004 Cadillac cts

I'm glad you got it repaired.