Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

The past month or so I've had problems with my 2008 Cadillac

Customer Question

the past month or so I've had problems with my 2008 Cadillac CTS. Every time I fill my tank, I have to pump the gas for it to start. 4 days ago I woke up and my car had no power. I jump started it and it ran for 2 days. Yesterday I replaced the battery only to wake up and jump start it again. This morning I had power to my radio and headlights but still had to jumpstart. Now I'm attempting to crank my car and there is no power at all. Do I have several issues going on here or is there one root cause of this headache? I should mention that I just put a brand new throttle body on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.

Did you have a dealer reset the idle position when you replaced the throttle body, and do you have a meter to test the output of your charging system?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I reset the throttle sensor. I don't have a meter to test the output.

first I would verify the charging system output, you can grab a volt ohm meter at harbor freight for about 5$. These alternators will frequently fail if trying to charge a bad battery. Unlike old alternators these are really only designed for maintenance charging. Since it currently isnt starting however i would check your fuses since you have been jumping it, if you see no problems then try tapping on your ignition switch as contact sometimes fail.