Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

A friend replaced the distributor on my 1995 Cadillac

Customer Question

A friend replaced the distributor on my 1995 Cadillac DeVille. The inside of the distributor had literally fallen apart into pieces. Now it won't start. I need to know what steps I need to follow to get the timing set properly so it will start. And once running, correct procedure to set timing.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.

Hello, little confused int hat a 1995 devile does not use distributor. Can you recheck you entry or at minimum send me the VIN #

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
vin# ***** I assure you this model has a distributor. Also have a 90 Seville and it has the same engine. Are you sure you know Cadillac's? Not trying to be a smart a%%, just have me wondering?

Worked for Cadillac for 14 years / 39 years master tech. you did not send engine size and 1995 had 3 different, Best I opt out as can see not off to good start