Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

2010word hatch opens completely then goes down about 1/4 of

Customer Question

2010word hatch opens completely then goes down about 1/4 of ,the way then opens completely then closes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hatch opens completely than closes partially then opens completely then closes completely
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Want to find out the problem first
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: 2010 srx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wghq1agsqvi2qp/POWER%20LIFTGATE%20DIAGNOSIS%20AND%20REPAIR.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks