Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

It been sitting years in only been starting it month one a

Customer Question

It been sitting for 2 years in only been starting it for two month one a week and I noticed the oil leaking after I shout it off but I don't know we're it come from
JA: An oil leak can be frustrating and tough to diagnose. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I wander did I put two much oil in it before I started by cranking it up that why it's leak and I wander should I change the oil and what grade oil should I use
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I have some mech back ground I went school for it I just never pursue it after I finish
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just clean for around the oil pan and filter so I can pin point the leak
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: Is have a slow start when I crank feel like my battery die down and the battery nee
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen the engine oil pan leak,rear crank seal and the oil pressure sensor leak like this here.If you have not checked to see if any of these are an issue here this needs done.Unplug the oil pressure sensor and see if oil runs out.If it does then the sensor needs replaced.

Check the engine oil level and make sure it isnt over full.If it is then I would drain it down to the proper level.If it is o.k. most of these use 05-30 engine oil.

You would then want to clean off the engine oil leak area and run the engine and re check to see if you can pinpoint the source of the leak.Once this is done then the leak found will need repaired.In some cases you may have to add oil tracer dye to the engine oil then run it for a few minutes and use a black light/oil leak light to locate the leak for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete