Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Will try this one more time...not sure what I am doing

Customer Question

Will try this one more time...not sure what I am doing wrong. I have a 1996 Cadillac Deville with 148000 miles bought in 1997 from Cadillac dealer just off lease. It runs and drives great....last week the check engine light and message service transmission came on. Today I took it to a former local Gm dealer to be services and this check engine and service transmission message checked out. They said that the code indicated torque convertor. When I checked the codes as you indicated it did not show and code history and I reset it. The check engine light and service transmission message are gone. I have driven it about 10 miles and they did not come back on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, you can reply to this answer without opening new questions. If the light didn't come back to come back on and it drives good otherwise I'd just leave it alone and keep resetting the code otherwise you will need to fork out the $1000 or so for repair which is too much to invest in my opinion. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.