sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Bangs when put in gear and on bumpy roads JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Bangs when put in gear and on bumpy roads
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When put in gear it bangs like a bad u joint put it appears to look good it's the flag type, olso the stables er bar looks good too ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: Other than that it's been I great car bought new in 06
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcom to JustAnswer!There are many things that could cause a noise when putting the transmission in gear or over bumps. If you're hearing the same noise in both cases then most likely you have a suspension issue and engine torque is causing the noise as something in the suspension shifts when put into gear.What year and model is the vehicle?