Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Abs traction control light on code cs 0110 says open circut

Customer Question

abs traction control light on code cs 0110 says open circut pump motor
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: where is the abs fluid resivor
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: a while back i noticed some fluid in carport could not figure what it was but it was oily. thats when the lights came on. where can i check fluid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i am a pretty good mechanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses ran codes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: car has been great not one problem i do all service work trans rebuilt at 110,00
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 5 months ago.
DTC C0110 is as you say ABS pump motor circuit malfunction.It's either the pump it's self has failed or the control circuit has failed, if as you say you have checked all the fuses and grounds.All the information I have is Cadillac, on a few I know you can try replacing just the pump to see if that fixes the issue and it can be easier and cheaper than replacing the whole unit.Sorry there isn't a quick fix that I know of.
The abs fluid would be the normal braking fluid.
It seems there are several repair services advertised online also.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
Hi, My name is***** will try to assist you , do you still need help with issue .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the pump motor? Ia it drivers side in the back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
can you tell me what year cadi and model maybe I can send u a picture of the location .I also sent u a phone call Offer AS YOU Requested , you can click on it and we can talk or we can continue messaging anything u prefer .Thnaks let me Know.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2010 srx awd
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** most likely means the pump/modulator assembly has failed but can also mean the abs module has failed. Your best option is probably buying the two together used but dealer will need to reprogram module after you install which will cost around $100. Here is information from manual also, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.-