Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

What about if you pull 45, 41 and relays but then it still

Customer Question

What about if you pull 45, 41 and relays but then it still doesn't turn off?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. This account username shows this is the only question you have open here. Have you asked a question through another account, because it looks like your replying to someone from your response.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a question about th cooling fan on a 2010 SRX not turning off. I removed fuse 45 and it turned off. Let it sit for hours and went to plug in and it still was wanting to run. Pulled 41 and relays and then put 45 back in and it still was wanting to run. Not sure what next steps are.
Thanks, ***** ***** have a 2.8 or 3.0?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3.0 V6
I am looking over the wire diagrams now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thanks. Just trying to see where the real problem lies and if it's beyond me being able to fix.
Just to make sure the radiator cooling fan is running with the engine off?If you unplug the PCM connectors, does the fan remain on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's where you lose me, where are the PCMs?
The PCM is the vehicles main computer in the left front of the engine compartment. Part 2 in this image.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/part2.pdf
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
unplug that, put 45 fuse back in and see if the fan still kicks on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got the lid off for the ECM. Which part do I need to unplug or how to switch off
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I guess what I'm asking is are the ECM connectors the three cables on the top of the box or is it underneath
Install all fuses. The connectors are under the ECM and come unplugged when you lift the ECM.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Having issues getting the ecm part off right now and need to call it a night. I will get it off tomorrow but what happens if I get the ECM off and unplugged and the fan is off/and or on?
If the fan remains on then we have relay diagnostics to do. If the fan no longer runs then its the ECM faulty. Here is what the wiring circuit looks like. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/SRXcooling.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris