Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My 2003 CTS Cadillac keeps showing me on the screen" reduced

Customer Question

My 2003 CTS Cadillac keeps showing me on the screen" reduced engine power and service idle control." i have no idea what that means, can you help me out?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: there's times where the car accelerates 4000 rpm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet since i don't know what reduced engine power and service idle control means
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: they've told me it might be the oxygen sensors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,These two warning light usually come on when the computer systems sees a problem with the throttle body usually resulting in needing to replace the assembly. In order to verify this you will need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved that should be setting when these lights are on. Most Auto Part stores such as Auto Zone will run this scan for you at no charge. I you can get this done and post back with these fault codes I can verify the correct fix.