Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

Today I was aempng to charge an A/C system on a 98

Customer Question

Today I was aempng to charge an A/C system on a 98 Cadillac Deville with R134 and for some reason
the system did not seem to be taking Freon. The compressor was cycling and the low pressure varied
between 55 and 45. The temperature outside was about 60 deg and according to the R134 pressure
chart the ideal pressure should have been somewhere around 30. I le+ the Freon on it for a good while
and there was lile or no change...Although the inside vent temp was around 35 deg. Can someone
make sense of this for me?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for you question,So with the AC running your getting 35 deg air out of the vents?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes. And I have no problem at all with that, but why is the pressure not correct?

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
I would suspect there may be something wrong with your gauge. Normal pressure on a full system with the compressor running should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side (suction) and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If you inside temp is running at 35 deg then you are not likely low on Freon . Are you checking the pressure with a actual set of Ac gauges or a charge kit?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Are you able to read the static pressure (system off) on the low side as well as the high side?