rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Cadillac Seville SLS: 2003 cad sls northstar,started car this

Customer Question

2003 cad sls northstar,started car this am ,started to run very rough ,i have replaced the front coil pack aprx 1 year ago and has run well untill this am my code is po300 tested and reset sevral times the differance this time is some type of unusall smell a little smoke very little,and no power . i think the rear coil pack is my problem .. any help thanks russ.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. You're best bet is to have this scanned. All these parts can get very expensive. It can be coils, plugs, injectors or even low compression.Thanks, Ron