rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Cadillac DTS Sports Package: I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS with the Sports Suspension it only has 86700 miles on it, however I noticed when I go over a speed bump if I don't ease over it, the front will fall hard will a thud sound. But over the road it has a smooth ride. Visible inspection of my front shocks seem like they look good. I don't see anything leaking, separated or broken. Are these shocks adjustable or anything?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. They are not adjustable, when they wear out, they need to be replaced. Your suspension can be partially tested with a scan tool too.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok, well I'm pretty sure the first of your reply was a generated response, the answer I'm looking for is the shocks are not adjustable. I hate to believe that these sports suspension struts that cost $800 apiece last longer than 75,000 miles. There are no issues displaying in the information window. OK I'll have them checked by Cadillac.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know the results too.
Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Can I replace my sports suspension shocks with the magnetic shocks with modifications? My right strut is out of wacky, and I heard these things are $800 apiece.