Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

I have a Cadillac srx yesterday it wouldn't crank had a mechanic

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac srx yesterday it wouldn't crank had a mechanic over it cranked up he cranked it several times it keep cranking then on the fifth attempt he seen what I was talking about when you turn the key if it s
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We'll it just started with the no start but it eventually cranks up but when it doesn't it keeps trying when you take your hands off the key I just recently purchased this car so you can imagine my frustration I bout it back to the dealership and it did not once did wanna crank for him
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: We'll it keeps saying bout engine one sensor my check engine light is on I recently bout the parts for the codes I was given one part my mechanic said was not defective so I bought it back to the parts store now I'm scared to go and try and start my car because I don't know if this will be the day it decides it doesn't wanna start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you I need to know what year your SRX is please and I will also need to know what the fault code and or codes are that are setting when you scanned the system. Post back with them with as information as you have and I will see if I can help you with this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Ron thank you so much p0017cam/crank correlation position sensor bank a,p0008 engine position system perform..I had the cam sensor at the time the crank sensor didn't need to be changed now I just don't know your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry you did ask what year it's a 2006Cadillac srx
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Which engine do you have the 3.6 or the 4.6?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The code P0017 can be set due to a failing Exhaust Camshaft Actuator or it can be affect by the engine being low on oil as well. In order to know for sure you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the step to check it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.Thank you again.