Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac dts northstar v8: I have a 2008 cadillac dts northstar

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cadillac dts northstar v8, the door chimes, the door locks keep pulling down, the gauges on the dash go crazy, and there is something behind the dash that clicks it SOUNDS like points not connecting. A car tech told us that it probably needs a new body control modual
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Be sure Battery is fully chargedIF vehicle Starts & Runs, the noise can be the "stepper motors" in the Instrument ClusterThe issues you posted sounds like the BCM (body control module) but use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test, Program & Update.It can be as simple as an Update, but Testing needs to be done firstapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..